Supply Chain Consolidation | Retail
Large retail supply organisation with over 36 locations in Australia acquired a smaller business to compliment their existing product range and services. The integration involved terminating multiple site leases and integrating the entire operation into a central distribution centre.
- Running both Microsoft Dynamics and SAP was cost prohibitive.
- Supply chain foot print of 6 warehouses, $14m in Inventory and 60 FTE’s.
- Vendor management of inbound consignments extremely poor, no SLA's.
- Purchasing, planning and replenishment were all outside their ERP systems.
- Paper based systems, processes, extensive delays and lack of KPI’s.
- All systems integrated with SAP ERP platform to support the business.
- Centralised distribution and closed multiple remote/satelite warehouses.
- Competencey based training and awareness programs implemented.
- Centrallised inventory strategy implemented to control investment.
- Standardised purchasing and planning functions to support strategy.
- Vendor management improvements implemented, standards and SLA metrics.