WMS Implementation Project
WMS implementation for a national retail organisation in their central distribution centre located in Sydney Australia. This main DC is the primary stocking point for over 36000 sku's with inventory holdings exceeding $45,000,000
WMS Implementation Roadmap.
- Existing AS400 ERP platform was not able to support warehouse functionality in a realtime environment
- All warehouse processes were paper based including: Goods receiving, put-away, picking, despatch, and stocktake.
- Warehouse order fulfilment was lengthy and prone to error, lost orders and incorrect picks.
- Inventory record accuracy was below 50% due to delays in processing.
- Cost of labour was exceedingly high due to overtime due to resource planning issues to support order allocation.
- Initially commissioned to develop RFP to select best available WMS. Assessments proved cost prohibutive, plan B was developed.
- Designed the system and developed functional specifications for the internal IT resources to develop and in house application.
- System fully developed, tested and implemented to support 48 users with RF capability for inwards receipting, stock movements, stock transfers, replenishment and picking.
- System fully operational within 2 weeks from go live to achieve 20% improvement in cycletime and efficiency.
- New warehouse layout was also implemented to support barcode scanning functionality for pick face, bulk and block stack locations.
- Greater visibility achieved to manage customer orders, resource planning and workflow management.
- Labour cost significantly reduced for the entire operation, saving the equivalent of 15 FTE's.