Step 3: Analysis Phase
Undertaking an analysis of a supply chain problem area needs to be structured and methodical in its approach. As the best alternative will be selected to drive an organisations performance, there are several factors that need to be considered during the formulation of the best alternative. Following is a structured approach of a typical supply chain project and the core factors:
- Review the business requirements to establish the current state position.
- Build on this current state by detailing process.
- Involve all necessary stakeholders in the formulation of the current state.
- Identify problem areas within the current state and measure the extent and impact.
- Information gathering, interviews and data mining to validate the current state problems
- Construct alternate scenarios and test ourcomes against current state
- Identify the best alternative against the project objectives and metrics
- Show case scenatio outcomes in financial terms against current state