Step 2: Preparation Phase
This phase involves a high level of planning, administration and compliance with organisational standards to ensure that a final documentation set is compiled and signed off by relevant stakeholders. This documentation set will form the basis of the solution design, development and deployment for the entire project. As projects can vary in size and complexity, the following outline is representative of a typical project:
- Project charter and scope of works document which incorporates; Charter, goals and objectives, organisational impacts, project deliverables, project conditions covering assumptions, risks and constraints,stakeholders roles and responsibilities; a detailed project scope discussing the solution design .
- Business requirements document details current state and future state solutions.
- Functional specifications document details the design and functional elements of the solution.
- Change request documentation, with sign off levels for compliance.
- Detailed project plan
- Project management requirements for reporting
- Authorisation protocols and documentation covering achievement of milestones
- Quality assurance covering verification testing, UAT and deployment