Retail Industry: Business integration & transformation project
Retail organisation with over 24 locations in Australia acquired a business to complement their value proposition. The integration involved a blending of all aspects of its operations, systems, warehousing, transportation and planning.
- New company used Microsoft products to manage their financials, purchasing and warehousing
- Supply chain foot print consisted of retail sites, holding over $36m in Inventory and over 150 FTE’s
- Purchasing and Planning processes we inadequate and highly reactive, lacking analysis for decision making.
- Warehouse operation was highly manual throughout, stock processing focused, not inventory integrity focused.
- All systems were integrated to an AS400 ERP to support financials, procurement, inventory and distribution.
- Some key retail sites were maintained while others were integrated into existing retail sites.
- Inventory management and planning were standardized, became part of the SOP process.
- Inventory holding reduced from $36m to $24m over 6 months as planning parameters we supported by inventory integrity for better buy decisions.
- Warehouse operations became integrated with standard business processes using paperless picking tools.