Retail Industry: Business integration project 6 sites into 1
Large retail supply organisation with over 36 locations in Australia acquired a smaller business expand their product range and services. The integration involved terminating existing leases and integrating the entire business within an online environment.
- Web based platform integrated with outdated ERP system
- Supply chain foot print consisted of 6 warehouses, holding over $14m in Inventory and 60 FTE’s
- Vendor management for inbound consignments was extremely poor lacking basic conformance standards.
- Purchasing, Planning and reordering were all undertaken outside the system.
- All warehouse operations were paper based, extensive delays in order supply, inbound processing and lack of KPI’s.
- Systems were integrated to an SAP ERP platform all aspects of the business.
- All warehouse operations were closed and distribution centralized in a primary distribution centre.
- Staff training and awareness of new products added to portfolio
- Full relocation of inventory into best storage and pick solutions supported by paperless pick process.
- Purchasing and Planning functions centralised and standardised within existing business protocols.
- Vendor management showed considerable improvement after the introduction of a vendor management system with performance standards and SLA.