Metal Industry: Export documentation system implementation
Leading organisation in the metals industry, with over 50 sites across Australia, needed to increase their productivity and ability to manage all documentation and data electronically. We were engaged in the initial phase of undertaking an end to end supply chain assessment, RFP with vendor selection and the final stage of project managing the implementation of the new solution..
- Client was using an OzDocs export document management system.
- The system was manual in nature and limiting in its capability
- A number of data sets were managed outside of the system.
- Track and trace capability was problematic and manual.
- We designed a future state model covering all workflows, document, data and cost controls
- RFP was commissioned for new Export Document Management System, vendor selected
- Project was established and managed by our consultant working with several teams.
- PMBOK project methodology was used to from kick off through to post implementation
- New system fully operational and achieved the stated objectives.